Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Teriyaki and Pineapple Meatball Stir Fry

Here's a quick and really easy recipe for nights when you don't have a lot of time - which seems to be the case for me lately (poor Jackson had a stomach virus last week and is now teething and going through a growth spurt!).

Serves 3-4
Ingredients:

1 package Aidells Teriyaki and Pineapple Chicken Meatballs
1-2 tbsp. olive oil
1 large red pepper, cut into 1-inch slices
1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch slices
1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch slices
3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 cup of white rice
Sweet and sour sauce (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste

Make rice according to package. In a separate pan, sautee red pepper, green pepper, salt, pepper, and onion in olive oil. Add garlic and meatballs to the pan. Put the rice on a plate and add the meatballs and vegetables. Serve sweet and sour sauce on the side.

Now for what I did wrong (because I wouldn't be an incompetent cook if I didn't screw something up...). The meatballs definitely needed to be cooked longer - they were luke warm. I also think that next time I would add more garlic and onions because the veggies could use more flavor. I might even add chunks of pineapple. This recipe was definitely missing something...I'm just not sure what. Suggestions are welcome!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. D - it's Kim. You should check out my meatballs and rice recipe. It's totally different, yet sorta similar to what you made here. It's my favorite. And you clearly don't have a problem eating 2 side dishes as an entree (I feel like most people would think it's weird, but not this girl!), so give it a whirl some day!

    ReplyDelete